FARMINGTON, Ct., September 12, 2016 – KBE Building Corporation (KBE) is adding a variety of projects to its ever expanding roster. With several retail projects completing or in the works and one extensive bank renovation, KBE Building Corporation, a $300 million construction firm regionally located in Connecticut and Maryland, is keeping busy in the third quarter of 2016.
Cumberland Farms, Naugatuck, CT
KBE recently completed the Cumberland Farms in Naugatuck, Connecticut – the fifth project KBE has constructed for this convenience store retailer. The project included demolition of a house on the site, along with re-building the existing Cumberland Farms.
Project highlights for the Cumberland Farms in Naugatuck, CT are available below:
- Cost – $1.5 Million
- Square footage – 4,613
- Scope – Demolition and rebuild of a new Cumberland Farms with new gas station.
- Architect – Allevato Architects
The Lock Up Self Storage, Ardsley, NY
KBE is serving as General Contractor for the new construction of an 82,284 sf climate-controlled storage facility in Ardsley, New York. The four-story steel-framed facility is set on steel piles, with a metal panel exteriors. Scope of work includes demolition of an existing building on-site.
Project highlights for the Lock Up Ardsley are available below.
- Cost – $9,166,000
- Square footage – 82,284
- Scope – New four-story climate-controlled self-storage facility. The steel-framed structure is set atop 260 steel piles.
- Architect – Partners in Design Architects
- Scheduled completion date – April 2017
Market Place at Braintree, Braintree, MA
KBE is transforming a former K-Mart to create a new retail strip shopping center.
Project highlights for the Market Place at Braintree:
- Cost – $4.8 Million
- Square footage – 77,500
- Scope – Interior demolition to the core shell building, removing a portion at the rear of the building, and construction of three separate tenant spaces for Nordstrom Rack, SAKS OFF 5th, and a “vanilla” box.
- Scheduled completion date – September 2016
First Niagara Bank, New Haven, CT
KBE is currently working on two projects for First Niagara Bank at its Church Street location and branch bank in New Haven, Connecticut.
On the first floor, KBE just completed renovation of the existing tenant space to create a new branch bank, including upgrades to all mechanical/electrical systems, new partitions, and finishes.
For the corporate offices, KBE is renovating the building mezzanine and second and third floors to create new office space. KBE is scheduled to complete the branch renovation within two months of the start date while the office renovations are scheduled for October 2017 completion.
Project highlights for the First Niagara Bank Office Renovation are available below:
- Cost – $4.7 million
- Square footage – 47,000
- Scope – the renovation of two floors and a mezzanine of an existing building comprising approximately 47,000 sf to new office space. Renovation includes demolition of all existing partitions flooring, ceilings and MEPS and all new partitions, ceilings, finishes and MEPs.
- Architect – Amenta Emma
- Scheduled completion date October 2017
Project highlights for the First Niagara Bank Branch Renovation are available below:
- Cost $1,113,259
- Square footage – 3,404
- Scope – renovating first floor tenant space of an existing building comprising approximately 3,404 s/f to new branch bank space. Renovation includes demolition of all existing partitions flooring, ceilings and MEPS and all new partitions, ceilings, finishes and MEPs.
- Architect – Gensler
About KBE Building Corporation
KBE has managed more than $4 billion in construction volume during the past two decades alone and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally.
With offices in Columbia, MD, as well as Norwalk and Farmington, CT, KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the $300 million firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the retail, educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, and institutional markets. KBE’s team of 120+ construction professionals and support staff is deeply committed to the firm’s corporate philanthropy program, 50 Ways to Make a Difference. Established in 2009 to celebrate the firm’s new ownership, name change, and 50 years in business, 50 Ways has helped KBE associates donate more than $1.7 million and 11,734 volunteer hours to charitable causes benefiting children, seniors, and military veterans in Connecticut and Maryland.
Learn more at www.kbebuilding.com.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431| c: 860.836.7517 | f: 860.284.7831 | e: email@example.com