Phased construction project to encompass new independent living apartments and more
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 13, 2016 – In another testament to KBE Building Corp.’s success with senior living construction management, Seabury, An Active Life Plan Community has chosen the firm to serve as the Construction Manager at Risk for Phases B and C of its Phased Campus Repositioning & Expansion Project in Bloomfield.
This will be KBE’s first time working with Seabury, a long-established not-for-profit Life Plan Community, and their developer, Greenbrier Development, LLC. KBE is pleased to be working again with Architect/Engineer SFCS, with whom KBE completed the $50 million Whitney Center Continuing Care Retirement Community project in Hamden, Conn.
Project Highlights | Seabury Senior Living Project, Phases B and C
Phase B encompasses the following additions:
- 68 new independent living apartments in a three-story structure with one level of underground parking providing 71 spaces;
- a new fitness and aerobics center, nine meeting rooms, support and storage areas, and an outdoor terrace contiguous with chapel/auditorium;
- a new chapel/auditorium to seat approximately 225, to be constructed at the south side of campus and connect to the existing commons space;
- sitework and surface parking on the west and east sides of the campus; access road section to the east of the existing Community, and reconfigured wetlands mitigation areas and trails.
Phase C encompasses the following expansion and renovation to the existing healthcare building:
- new three-story building addition with 21 new private skilled nursing units (net 12 beds) and 14 assisted living units (no net increase);
- new offices and therapy suite spaces;
- renovations to existing Seabury Health Center to reconfigure nine skilled nursing units and 14 assisted living units into new kitchens, dining rooms, and activity areas for each level of care.
The project also includes geothermal and solar energy components.
Construction commenced in June 2016, with completion scheduled for 2018.
A History of Senior Living Success
During the past several decades, KBE has emerged as a sought-after construction manager for senior living projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic US.
Featured senior living projects include the following:
- Whitney Center Continuing Care Retirement Community, Hamden, CT
- Jewish Senior Services | Skilled Nursing Facility | Bridgeport, CT
- Tower One/Tower East Independent & Assisted Living | New Haven, CT
- The Retreat Assisted Living Facility, Hartford, CT
- Bridges at Crossroad, Waterford, CT
About KBE Building Corporation
KBE has managed more than $4 billion in construction volume during the past two decades alone and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally.
With offices in Norwalk and Farmington, CT, as well as Columbia, MD, KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the $300 million firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the senior living, health care, retail, educational, federal, corporate, hospitality, and institutional markets.
KBE’s team of 120+ construction professionals and support staff is deeply committed to the firm’s corporate philanthropy program, 50 Ways to Make a Difference. Established in 2009 to celebrate the firm’s new ownership, name change, and 50 years in business, 50 Ways has helped KBE associates donate more than $1.7 million and 11,734 volunteer hours to charitable causes benefiting children, seniors, and military veterans in Connecticut and Maryland.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431| c: 860.836.7517 | f: 860.284.7831 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org