KBE Building Corporation Solidifies
its Western US Presence
AZ office lead by long-time Phoenix-area construction professionals Steve Boscardin, Cort Darling, and Brad Nydahl
As part of KBE Building Corporation’s ongoing national expansion, the firm has changed the name of its Western US subsidiary, New Valley Construction, to that of the parent company, KBE Building Corporation.
The regional office, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, has served clients throughout the metropolitan Phoenix market and in several Western states since opening in 2015 under the name of New Valley Construction. KBE acquired the company in 2018.
The name change to KBE Building Corporation is effective January 1, 2021.
However, the professional relationship among the firms’ principals dates to 2013, when they began working together on a number of projects – relationships that ultimately led to this merger of the two companies.
Experienced leadership: KBE’s Scottsdale office is led by three senior-level construction professionals, each with many years of experience in the metro-Phoenix marketplace as well as throughout the western US.
- Steve Boscardin, principal and senior manager, brings more than 40 years of construction experience to his role, garnered through previous positions with Howard S. Wright and Balfour Beatty, U.S..
- Cort Darling, LEED AP, CQCM; regional manager, has 18+ years of construction experience and worked with Mr. Boscardin and Mr. Nydahl in the Phoenix office of Howard S. Wright, Balfour Beatty U.S., and subsequently New Valley Construction.
- Brad Nydahl, principal, was formerly CEO of Howard S. Wright and has been actively involved in the Arizona and Western US marketplace for 35+ years.
Current and recently completed projects include:
- Avista Senior Living at Sierra Bloom, Scottsdale, AZ
- Renovations at Phoenix International Raceway, Scottsdale, AZ
- CubeSmart Self-Storage Facilities (8 locations in Colorado, California, Oregon, and Washington)
- Assisted Living Facilities (20 locations in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Virginia).
Long history of work in the Phoenix marketplace:
Mr. Boscardin and Mr. Darling’s previous experience includes a number of projects in the metro Phoenix area, such as:
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale, AZ
- Westworld Tony Nelssen Equestrien Center, Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale Civic Center Renovation, Scottsdale, AZ
- Loloma Station Transit Center, Scottsdale, AZ
- The James Hotel, Scottsdale, AZ
- Phoenix International Raceway, Avondale, AZ
- Southwest Specialty Foods, Goodyear, AZ
- Water Bottling Plant Headquarters, Phoenix, AZ
- Rubbermaid Plant Expansion, Goodyear, AZ
- Big Two Toyota/Scion, Chandler, Arizona
- FedEx Ground Distribution Center Expansion, Tempe, Arizona
- Yuma Readiness and Community Center, Yuma, Arizona
- RIOGLASS Solar Manufacturing Facility, Surprise, AZ
- The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community, Goodyear, AZ
- The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community, Gilbert, AZ
About KBE Building Corporation
Founded 1959, KBE provides comprehensive commercial construction services to clients in the senior living, higher education, retail, hospitality/entertainment, health care, corporate, and retail markets. Its 170+ staff includes seasoned preconstruction and construction professionals, specialists in sitework, mechanical & electrical systems, scheduling, LEED and LEAN construction, as well as quality control and safety.
KBE serves clients throughout the US through its four regional offices:
Northeast – Farmington, and Norwalk, CT
Mid-Atlantic – Laurel, MD in the Baltimore/DC I-95 corridor
West – Scottsdale, AZ
Clients in the metropolitan New York and Northern New Jersey market are served by affiliated company, KBE-NY, LLC.