FARMINGTON, Conn., May 17, 2012 — Each year since 2004, KBE Building Corporation has formally celebrated the accomplishments of its employees with an annual Employee Awards program.
“At KBE, we know that our people are our greatest asset,” explains Mike Kolakowski, a principal owner of KBE and the firm’s President and CEO. “Each of our staff already performs their work at an exceptional level, and we are pleased to recognize those who go above and beyond this high level of performance.”
Each year, employees from both the Columbia, Maryland and Farmington, Connecticut offices are recognized for their work in several categories, including customer service, procurement, innovation, safety, philanthropy, and project teamwork.
This year’s awards were presented to the following:
- Project Superintendent Bruce Bortz was awarded the 2012 Safety Award, which is given to the employee that has consistently and passionately supported the KBE Safety Program throughout the year.
- The 2012 Project Team Award was awarded to the team that completed the renovations on Montrose Crossing, a 130,000 square-foot retail center located at the intersection of Rockville Pike and Randolph Road. The Project Team Award is based on characteristics such as project size, value, complexity, teamwork and communication. The team included:
- James Schloss, Project Manager
- Micah Boyce, Chief Estimator
- Timothy McVay, Project Superintendent
- Judy Raymond, Project Accountant
- Susan Duva, Project Accountant
- Payroll Administrator Jennifer Spring was awarded the 2012 Customer Service (Accounting) Award, which is awarded to the accountant that has demonstrated the highest level of customer service.
- Business Development Manager Barrie Deschaine was awarded the 2012 Procurement Award, which is awarded to a member of business development, estimating and/or preconstruction departments who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in procuring new clients and/or projects.
- Project Manager Adam Moore was awarded the 2012 Safety Award, which is given to the employee who has consistently and passionately supported the KBE Safety Program throughout the year.
- BIM (Building Information Modeling) Specialist Jacek Stachowiak was awarded the 2012 Innovation Award, which is awarded to an associate that has made significant improvements or suggestions regarding processes or procedures, the use of technology, or accounting.
- Project Accountant Gil Arzola was awarded the 2012 Philanthropy Award, which is awarded to the employee who has made an outstanding personal commitment to community service and KBE’ Ways to Make a Difference campaign, the company’s award-winning corporate giving program.
- The 2012 Project Team Award was awarded to the team who completed The Renaissance Project addition to The Whitney Center, a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in Hamden, Connecticut. This $50 million, 195,000 square-foot project was awarded the top award in Health Care Construction, as well as the People’s Choice Award, from Connecticut’s Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (CT-ABC). The Project Team Award is based on characteristics such as project size, value, complexity, teamwork and communication. The team included:
- Anthony Maselli, Director of Field Operations
- Ross Mezzanotte, Project Manager
- Brett Gunn, Estimator
- Dale Cote, Site Specialist
- Charles Juhasz, Mechanical/Electrical Specialist
- Larry Goodine, Project Superintendent
- Marc Browne, Project Superintendent
- James Glaser, Assistant Project Manager
- Bob Piacentini, Project Superintendent
- Deborah Norman, Project Accountant
- Karin Rinaldi, Project Engineer
- Jacek Stachowiak, BIM Specialist
- Adam Peters, Safety Director
About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Farmington, Conn., and Columbia, Md., KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. KBE has managed more than $2.5 billion in construction volume over the last decade and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431| c: 860.836.7517 | f: 860.284.7831 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org