DUMFRIES, Va., April 8, 2014 – Dumfries community members of all ages are one step closer to enjoying the new Montclair Community Library thanks to a recent construction milestone: the completion of a 35,996 s/f open parking garage onsite.
- approximately 36,000 s/f
- 16”-thick cast-in-place perimeter walls
- 12”-thick cast-in-place ceiling with concrete beams totaling 96” x 36”
- uniformly distributed openings on the east and north sides with an additional opening at the garage entrance on the south side
- access to library by stairs and elevator
KBE Building Corp. is currently managing the construction of the new Library as well, which is planned for completion this fall.
Montclair Community Library Highlights
- $9.8 million
- 20,000 s/f steel-framed library
- 2’ x 6’ timber ceiling to include exposed ductwork, sprinkler system, and lighting, along with carefully placed clerestory glass that will allow for maximum daylight
- perimeter to include elevated terrace with a combination of brick pavers and pea gravel protected by a stainless steel cable rail system
- eligible for LEED Silver certification, thanks to a vegetated “green” roof and other sustainable features
As part of the Montclair Community Library construction project, KBE will also create a foundation and underslab plumbing for a historic African-American farmer’s home that will be relocated to the site and completely restored by a contractor specializing in historic restorations. The restored homestead will be used as a living history exhibit and working gardens.
Renderings of the Montclair Community Library are available below. Copyright for both renderings: © The Lukmire Partnership, Inc. 2014
About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Columbia, Md. and Farmington, Conn., KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. KBE has managed more than $2.5 billion in construction volume over the last decade and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally. Learn more at www.kbebuilding.com.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431 | c: 860.836.7517 | f: 860.284.7831 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org