A Commercial Construction Company
Building Excellence Together
About KBE Building Corporation
- Founded in 1959, incorporated in 1966
- Acquired in 2007 by our three long-time senior managers – Mike Kolakowski, Eric Brown, and Simon Etzel – renamed KBE Building Corporation in 2009 to reflect the ownership changes.
- Provides Preconstruction, Construction Management, Design-Build, and General Contracting services
- Regionally located in Farmington and Norwalk, CT and Columbia, MD
- Works throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US, with clients in the following markets:
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Senior Living
- Corporate Offices
- 120+ preconstruction and construction professionals, including project managers; field superintendents; project engineers; certified estimators; preconstruction managers; specialists in BIM, LEED, Mechanical/Electrical, Site, Safety, and Quality Control; and administrative, accounting, marketing, HR, and support staff.
- $300 million in annual construction volume, with more than $4 billion in billings over the last two decades alone
- Our safety record and award-winning safety program are nationally recognized.
- Engineering News-Record magazine ranks us among the nation’s top 400 commercial construction companies.